Best way to accompany your extravagant protein dishes with a unique side dish. A good gratin is always a good idea!
Gratin Dauphinois is always a family or entertaining favorite. With its beautiful presentation, luscious taste, and vegetarian ingredients – everyone will love your gratin the way Chef Antoine Lours recommends you to prepare it.
Adding a gratin to your meal will make your entertaining or dishes unique as it is not a side dish you will find often at American restaurants or worldwide.
Relatively easy to make (although Antoine Lours always makes everything in the kitchen look easy!) – it will be a great hit for your group dinner party or family lunch!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1kg potatoes
- 70 cl of milk
- 250 g of heavy cream
- 4 tablespoon of butter
- one tablespoon of nutmeg
- preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- wash dry and cut the potatoes into 2 cm slices.
- Pour the milk into a pan and start heating it until it starts to slightly boil
- add the heavy cream to your milk, then salt pepper, and nutmeg
- when well mixed together add the potatoes sliced. let it cooked for 20 minutes don’t let the milk or the potatoes stick to the pan using a wooden spoon.
- Now start buttering and applying some garlic into your oven-dedicated dish.
- Pour the milk and potatoes into your buttered dish and cover it with small pieces of butter
- time to put your dish for 1:30 hours in the oven, cover it with foil if it starts to golden too much, and enjoy it.